Monday, February 23, 2009

Ryan and Krystle


This past Saturday I had the opportunity of shooting Krystle and Ryan's engagement photos. When we first arrived at the park I was a bit nervous. I mean come on! I just stated in a previous blog that I am not a photographer. I'm a videographer! However, it seems that lately I've been getting the opportunity to grab my Canon EOS 5D and have a little fun. SO! With "fun" on the edge of my brain we headed out to capture some pictures. Upon arrival to our destination I hopped out of the car and headed towards the docks. While walking towards the lake a sudden realization and fear crept inside of me. Where's the sun? OH NO! How am I suppose to pull off that "fancy lens flare" thing that all the photographers are doing these days without the sun!? PANIC ALERT! And why is the lake water looking mucky brown instead of blue? This is not good. Hello Brit! Without the sun everything looks more .... well, BLAH. Ok, ok. I shook the panic and pretended to act like I was a pro. What's that motto again?... "Fake it till you make it?" Yes. That was exactly the motto I was clinging to. As the session progressed we all relaxed and had some fun roaming the park snapping shots. Krystle and Ryan were such good sports and I think we accomplished our goal. "All we need is 3 good pictures!"

Below are a few photos from our session. Hope you enjoy. Like I always say, leave me a comment and let me know what you think! It makes my day... serisouly :)










6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously cute! GREAT JOB - u and your mom are going to be rockin' the photography world huh?!

Anonymous said...

can you say... getting pretty legit? in other words keep up the good work!!! looking pretty professional. my favorite one is with ryan picking up krystle on the dock.

Eric and Charmagne said...

Ok have I told you I had a vision of this happening some day? Seriously these are great for just starting out. Good job my Brittany! Just keep up the creativity and just have fun with it. I really like the camera angle and the some of the actions you used. The angle of the tree and the angle of the couple are great! Good eye! Maybe we'll do something together someday, now wouldn't that be FUN! Mom

James & Erica DeGrado said...

Britt... I agree .. you did a great job. You have the creative eye no matter if you are a videographer or a photographer. ALos sometimes , no sun is better! I know the look you wanted but that is the fun of photography!
Have fun with your new adventure.!

Anonymous said...

Hey Brittany...these shots are great! Looks like you having been taking pictures for years!

I love photography....I think thats why I love to scrapbook SO much...

Good luck in your business....I am sure you will do AWESOME!!

Paula Fraijo

heather negrete said...

Wow Britt...Super cute! Your Mom's dream might come true after all. Beautiful!